If you're looking to play sports but don't want to be tied down to a league? Drop-in sports offered at the Snowmass Village Recreation Center are a great option for anyone who wants a more casual atmosphere. Drop-in sports are offered for ages 16 and up, and are included in a Recreation Center membership or punch pass. Non-member drop-ins are $10.
Browse Drop-In Sports
- October - April
- Mondays, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Basketball Capacity and Policy
- Maximum: 30 people
- When others are waiting court-side games play to a maximum of 12 points (must win by 2)
- Winners of each game can keep playing up to 3 consecutive wins
- Players must be present at the court when it is vacated or they may forfeit their spot to others
- Full court basketball on Monday night only during drop in hours
- October - January
- Tuesdays, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Soccer Capacity and Policy
- Maximum: 20 people
- Games are played up to 10 minutes maximum or until one team goes ahead by 2 goals
- The winning team stays on the court for the next game
- If the game is tied after 10 minutes, half court shoot out
- Year round
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Pickleball Capacity and Policies
- Pickleball is played in the gymnasium from October through May. Games will be played on the Recreation Center outdoor courts from June through September. On days with inclement weather during the outdoor months, game may be played in the gymnasium, availability dependent.
- All games are played on regulation sized pickleball courts.
- If there are more participants than are able to play on our two courts at a time, guest and/or teams will have to rotate after previous games have finished.
- All games are played to 11 and must be won by two points.
Drop In Rules and Regulations
The SVRC reserves the right to refuse service based on violation of drop-in procedures, inappropriate conduct, or failing to follow the directions of the SVRC Building Supervisor or any staff member.
- Players and fans are asked to avoid the use of profanity at games. Excessive use of profanity may be grounds for expulsion from the facility.
- Any inappropriate physical contact will result in ejection from facility for the remainder of the season.
- NO PLAYER SHALL TAUNT ANOTHER PLAYER FROM THE OPPOSITE TEAM FOR ANY REASON; IF BEHAVIOR LIKE THIS PERSISTS YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- No food or drink in the gym (other than plastic water bottles)
- All participants/spectators must sign-in at the front desk.
- All members must swipe membership card; all other visitors are expected to pay a $10 drop-in fee.
- All courts must be vacated 15 minutes prior to scheduled end time in order for staff to change over activity.
- Drop-in times are not intended to be for intramural team practices teams should refrain from showing up intending to use the gym for practice time.
- Staff has the right to limit the number of participants at any given time if they deem the courts too crowded or unsafe.
- Members can reserve a spot in advance for the first game by signing up at the front desk or by calling in up to 1 day in advance.
- Availability is first come, first served.