If you're looking to play sports but don't want to be tied down to a league? Drop-in sports offered at the Snowmass Village Recreation Center are a great option for anyone who wants a more casual atmosphere. Drop-in sports are offered for ages 16 and up, and are included in a Recreation Center membership or punch pass. Non-member drop-ins are $10.
Browse Drop-In Sports
- October - April
- Mondays, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Basketball Capacity and Policy
- Maximum: 30 people
- When others are waiting court-side games play to a maximum of 12 points (must win by 2)
- Winners of each game can keep playing up to 3 consecutive wins
- Players must be present at the court when it is vacated or they may forfeit their spot to others
- Full court basketball on Monday night only during drop in hours
- October - January
- Tuesdays, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Soccer Capacity and Policy
- Maximum: 20 people
- Games are played up to 10 minutes maximum or until one team goes ahead by 2 goals
- The winning team stays on the court for the next game
- If the game is tied after 10 minutes, half court shoot out
Drop In Rules and Regulations
The SVRC reserves the right to refuse service based on violation of drop-in procedures, inappropriate conduct, or failing to follow the directions of the SVRC Building Supervisor or any staff member.
- Players and fans are asked to avoid the use of profanity at games. Excessive use of profanity may be grounds for expulsion from the facility.
- Any inappropriate physical contact will result in ejection from facility for the remainder of the season.
- NO PLAYER SHALL TAUNT ANOTHER PLAYER FROM THE OPPOSITE TEAM FOR ANY REASON; IF BEHAVIOR LIKE THIS PERSISTS YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- No food or drink in the gym (other than plastic water bottles)
- All participants/spectators must sign-in at the front desk.
- All members must swipe membership card; all other visitors are expected to pay a $10 drop-in fee.
- All courts must be vacated 15 minutes prior to scheduled end time in order for staff to change over activity.
- Drop-in times are not intended to be for intramural team practices teams should refrain from showing up intending to use the gym for practice time.
- Staff has the right to limit the number of participants at any given time if they deem the courts too crowded or unsafe.
- Members can reserve a spot in advance for the first game by signing up at the front desk or by calling in up to 1 day in advance.
- Availability is first come, first served.